At the DeKalb County Animal Services in Chamblee, Georgia, Tyke has become a social media star. He has appeared on Instagram and Facebook dressed in a hammerhead costume for Shark Week. He wiggled his way in pure delight on TikTok, and as a bonus sharing adventure, Tyke’s one-year birthday party in late August 2020 was videoed and shared.
There is no question that Tyke’s friends at the shelter love him, but it’s been 544 days at the shelter, and Tyke still doesn’t have a family he can call his own.
Tyke’s birthday celebration at the shelter ( copy and paste the url into your browser to view)
With today being Tyke’s 1-year shelter birthday, some of his biggest fans decided to do something special to remind him that he is loved and his forever home is just around the corner! Complete with cake, presents and splashing around in the sprinkler, Tyke had fun bringing out his inner party animal!Although he wouldn’t tell us what his birthday wish was (because then it might not come true!), we can guess that Tyke would love more than anything a family to call his own!
Today Tyke is taking over Instagram and will reappear every Tuesday on the shelter’s social channels until he finds the perfect home. Here are a few of 7-year-old Tyke’s favorite things:
- Loves companionship
- Tyke enjoys cuddling, affection, r&r times with his handlers
- Loves to play with toys. Tyke is a gentle player and will let you take toys from his mouth, enjoys frolicking with toys in his mouth and fetch
- Loves baby pools
- Loves to learn. Tyke quickly picks up skills like sit, fetch and makes great eye contact with his handlers. He is eager to please.
- Loves treats! Tyke will follow you to the moon for a treat! he is a gentle treat taker too.
- Tolerates cats in the homes, last foster had a cat and Tyke did well as long as foster parents monitored their interactions
- Potty trained. House trained
- Walks great on harness leash
Sharing is the perfect way to help Tyke. Let your friends, family and social media contacts know about this superstar. If interested contact: