(Dog) Breath of Life : Firefighters Save Pooch From House Fire

A beloved family dog benefited from some expert emergency care this week when firefighters from Snohomish County Fire District 7 saved him following house fire in Bothell, WA.

Crews noticed smoke billowing from the home’s windows upon arriving at the scene to find the people had all made it out safely, but the dog was still trapped inside.

Firefighters went into the home and were able to rescue the dog, but found he wasn’t breathing and so began CPR using an animal rescue kit — special apparatus designed to aid dogs and cats in breathing.

Once breathing, he was transferred to a local veterinary hospital for treatment.

The fire — which had started on the kitchen stove — was extinguished

The pup, whose name is Sampson, was back to his old self before too long and when crews went back to check for hot spots — they got a great photo-op with the sweet doggie whose life they saved!

Great job, Ladder 72!

+ There are no comments

Add yours