The recipe calls for blended watermelon and pineapple to go along with banana slices for a snack any dog would love! Click here for a nice printable version of the recipe.
Prep time is about 5 minutes taking about 4 hours more to complete. This recipe yields 24 treats.
As for ingredients, you’ll need 1 banana, 1-1/2 cups of watermelon, and 1 cup of pineapple. The recipe states that you can substitute the fruit with any other dog-safe unsweetened fruit or veggie puree or yogurt.
You’ll need a silicone mini muffin pan (or ice cube trays), small cookie sheet or cutting board to help move the silicone mold, flat space in your freezer for the mold, and a blender or food processor.
1. First, make sure there’s room in the freezer for you to set the silicone mold or ice cube tray down flat.
2. Puree a cup and a half of watermelon and set aside.
3. Puree a cup of pineapple and set aside.
4. Slice the banana into 24 pieces.
5. Place silicone mold onto cookie sheet.
6. Place one banana slice in each well.
7. Top each banana slice with 2 tablespoons of watermelon puree.
8. Top off each mold well with a layer of pineapple puree.
9. Gently slide mold into the freezer and freeze for 4 hours.
10. Leftover pops can be taken out of the mold and put into a more compact container like a plastic bag.
Bea loved them, and we’re sure your pooch will too!
Check out more from Kiki Kane on her Rover.com blog.