Veteran and Emotional Support Dog Find Themselves Homeless

I have struggled every day since then paying for multiple hotel costs, then for rooms in shady parts of town, and most recently with a troubled felon – whatever and wherever to keep my dog by my side.  All while waiting for the promised funding from the army to keep Gimli and me safe and sane.

I should be out of the Army in less than five months and I have thrown all of my savings into moving across the world and shelter for my other half. I am desperate and don’t know what to do anymore. The Army has done amazing things for me, but I have fallen through their administrative cracks it seems.

Gimli is a wiggly and bold character. He is now two years old, and as silly and friendly as ever. He is, however, terrified of windshield wipers, for what reason I will never know. Gimli truly has saved my life. He had given me purpose and has led me to my passion in life, which is animal well-being and health.

If you would like to help Darla and Gimli, please CLICK HERE



Add yours
  1. Tyler Rafferty

    When you were prescribed your Emotional Support Animal was it by licensed mental health professional and did you receive a letter to give to your landlord(s)? I used MyPetCerts for my ESA letter and have been able to let my 100lb puppy live with me in no-pet housing. If you would like to check them out to see if they can help you and Gimli I can give you a referral code for a discount.

  2. Darryn F.

    Hi, Mr.Dog! Maybe you were given an Emotional Support Animal certificate and a vest with some tags. You need a licensed medical professional to prescribe you ESA prescription letters. I would definitely recommend getting yourself such a letter with Emotional Pet Support at they even offer discount codes too:

+ Leave a Comment